Wednesday, July 21, 2010

GPP Street Team: Crusade # 42 - Strip Ease

Michelle Ward posts a challenge each month on her GPP Street Team blog.  This months theme is Strip Ease.  Take your favorite papers, tear them, and make a journal page about them.
After working late today, I decided I needed some "play time" so I used a Tattered Angels stencil, Glimmer Mists and Maya Mists.
I tore the paper into strips and adhered it to my journal.
Then I journaled between the strips.
To finish it off, I stamped a leaf image from Donna Downey's "The Artist in You" stamps.

Thanks for stopping by!
Robin

13 comments:

Lori said...

Very Cool, Robyn!!!

michelle ward said...

Robin - thanks for coming to play again. Those stencils are fab. Love the mist colors too. Love how your journaled between your strips. Terrific!!!

Joanne Huffman said...

What a fun project!

Moose Ridge said...

Robin -- how cool! I just wish I had the gumption to journal for more than two days, but I guess I'll just stick to making the journals, LOL! Very beautiful!!

jgr said...

I love this page! I've been wanting to try the Maya mists, too-thank you for the inspiration!

goudenregen said...

Love the page and the stencils.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen those stencils before - very cool. I really like the journaling you've done because the colors blend in so well - I enjoy the sense of mystery from the writing being kind of hidden.

Mescrap said...

This is such a beautiful page. Love the stencil.

Anonymous said...

Journaling AND images--you are my kind of girl! I love the finished project--the outcome is more visually interesting than any of the parts. I love when that happens!

Jester said...

Your page looks fab, Robin. Love how you have written between your strips to create a cohesive page.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stencil and a wonderful page.

daisy said...

Luv your interpretation, it's very effective.

Karen Owen said...

What a cool and very expressive work of art!