Friday, March 16, 2007

Dreaming of Spring

Above are two ATC's I did for the Knoxville DRI that's coming up on March 24. I'll be trading these with the other attendees from our Tennessee Stampers yahoo group. The warmer weather this week has me dreaming of spring! The colors are very vibrant IRL. Background technique is leafing pen resist (Krylon leafing pen on paper, let dry, then apply Twinkling H2O's over all).

This is one of the pages I did in Santa's calendar journal this month. Our prompt was to write about 10 things that you do each day. I used inches to journal on, background is Lumiere paint.

Sunday, March 4, 2007

Creative Weekend

This journal cover is from the larger sheet I did a few weeks ago using the gesso, gel medium, & acrylic paint technique. The phrase is from a magazine and says "Anyone can rock the house". The cover is very textured and glittery.

Last week, I got the stamps I ordered from GreenPepperPress. I made the bird ATC above and also the background paper below using my new stamps! ATC uses the Krylon pen & H20's technique (words are "Here, there, and everywhere"). Below is deli paper spritzed with Color Mists from Outside The Margins. I'm using it in the Calendar Journal RR for this month.
Below is my order I received Friday from
Yes, I ordered quite a few clear stamps. New Hero Arts letters (R and P), Technique Tuesday words stamps, and lots more. There's also some new Basic Grey paper and some button brads that I've been wanting. Although I love my wood mounted rubber stamps, space and storage issues caused me to re-look at clear stamps. They certainly don't take up as much room. Some companies are even mounting their rubber stamps onto cling sheets. I really like this approach as you can use the stamps as soon as you get them (not when you finally get around to putting them on the cling sheet yourself, and then cutting each image out!). I'll have to see if the clear stamps hold up as well (over time) as the rubber images do.

Friday, March 2, 2007

Making ATC's

Here are a few samples of the ATC's made using the background paper from my previous post. I added spray webbing and spray glitter, ending with an acrylic sealer. I'm very pleased with how they turned out. I'm also happy to report that I made over 60 ATC's from this one sheet!