Saturday, June 23, 2007
Saturday, June 16, 2007
Although I love the way the bag turned out, I'm not crazy about the yarn I used: Boku by Plymouth Yarn. The yarn broke numerous times making me leary of how well it would hold up as a purse (knowing I cram so much into my bag). What to do??? I decided to felt it.
It turned out fabulous! I'm not sure what I'm going to use it for but I know I'll knit this stitch and pattern again.
Personal to sis: Enjoy your Alaskan cruise!
Thursday, June 7, 2007
I've enjoyed my 40's immensely - definitely the best years of my life (so far). As I bid them a fond farewell, here are some of the highlights:
- moved back to Tenneessee
- 4 grandchildren born
- 3 kids graduated high school
- 4 kids married
- 2 kids graduated college
- several "shriveled up, no longer working right, causing me lots of problems" body parts permanently removed from my body
- learned to knit
- discovered "yahoo groups" and a whole new set of friends with the same addictions as me!
- attended many art classes and retreats
- traveled to Europe with a great group of friends
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Three of them are pieces of my artwork. The other three are all from pictures I took while on my European trip with the Diva Travelers last fall.
1. The picture of David was taken right at dusk when we arrived in Florence, Italy. I wasn't sure if the pictures were going to be any good since the light was fading so fast, but I love how it turned out!
2. The stairs were along the walkway leading up to the Pont de Gard in France.
3. The last picture is taken inside the Louvre, looking out a window. I love the diamond shapes!