Sunday, August 24, 2008

Poppy Flowers

I love flowers. They speak to me, brighten my day, and make me feel good. So naturally, I enjoy making cards with flower images. The stamp set used here is from Papertrey Ink, the Remember set by Lisa Johnson. The ribbon and red cardstock is also from PI - their new Pure Poppy color. The look of the "doodled" flower overlay is my favorite aspect of this stamp set.
I liked this layout so much, I tried it in several different colors from PI: above is Berry Sobet ribbon and cardstock. Flower image is inked with Sweet Blush, then "kissed" with Berry Sorbet around the edges, Spring Moss for the leaves.
Above is Summer Sunrise ribbon and cardstock. Flower image is inked in Summer Sunrise, with Berry Sorbet around the edge. All images were cutout and layered using my Nestibilities dies through my Cuttlebug - so quick and easy!
The above card is for a dear friend who's going through a rough time. I hope this brightens her day!

3 comments:

Joanne Huffman said...

What a lovely array of flowered cards!

Joanne

Karen Owen said...

What gorgeous cards! I'm sure that your friend will love her card.

Kathy McElroy said...

More gorgeous cards.