Saturday, April 3, 2010

Oh, what a beautiful day!

This morning was filled with thunderstorms, but they didn't last long.  Now it's absolutely gorgeous out!
This is a picture of my lilac bush - full of green leaves.  I can't wait for it to bloom.  This started as a shoot from my MIL's plant in Ohio.  We also had one at our previous home and it was so pretty, but I left it behind.
Here is a Lily of the Valley bush (I think!).  The blooms are clustered together and smell nice.
And this is my very first Redbud Tree - see all the blooms!  I am so excited!  I have always wanted a redbud tree since we moved back to TN 12 years ago.  I love to drive down the road and see them nestled among the pine trees (purple and green are my favorite colors).  Last year we bought 8 trees and only the 3 redbuds survived.  We planted 4 dogwoods a few weeks ago - I hope they bloom this year!

Get out and enjoy the beautiful day - it is full of Gods creations.  Tomorrow is a day of celebration - He is Risen!

Robin

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

There really is no prettier place than the American South in the spring.