Sunday, March 22, 2009

Knitting Update

I've been knitting. Our church has a knitting group that meets each Tuesday. Unfortunately, I'm unable to attend since I work fulltime. However, I am participating in their charity knitting program. This is a simple diagonal baby blanket.
Here's another view. This is my first Finished Object (FO) of 2009! Yippee!

I've also signed up for a monthly knitalong (KAL) at my LYS Knit Happy. We're making The Great American Afghan. I am not using the fall color scheme as shown on the book. Those colors were much too boring for me and I selected fuschia and pink. I will alternate these two colors into a checkerboard pattern. There are 25 squares in all, so this is a two year commitment!

Here's the detail of the pattern, which is Square #8 in the book.

1 comment:

Joanne Huffman said...

The baby blanket is lovely. It looks like you're going to end up with a really wonderful afghan.

Joanne